Dr Thomas C. Redman advises in the Harvard Business Review to assess whether you have a data quality problem or not. See my summary of his article below.
- The “Friday Afternoon Measurement” helps you measure your current data quality level and its impact, as well as allow you to clearly see the visual results
- Gather the last 100 data records (orders, drawings, etc.) and focus on these in a Friday Afternoon meeting with a couple of fellow experts in the data area
- Within the group go through looking for mistakes record-by-record
- Collate the results then calculate the percentage that was error-free; use this figure as a target to beat the following week
- Place emphasis on quality and build it into your business
Read Full Article